A continuous stirred tank reactor is a batch operating system consisting of a mixing device that provides a steady operating state. This is a continuous process where reactants are continuously added as the product is removed.
A continuous stirred tank reactor consists of four main parts that include a tank with fixed volume, an agitator, feed stream, and exit stream. The steady operating state agitator ensures uniform product properties including the density, temperature among others.
Another property of a continuous stirred tank reactor is that the conditions inside the reactor are similar to those in the exiting stream. Multiple continuous stirred tank reactors can be used in the same operating system.
Multiple continuous stirred tank reactors are used when the products require a high mixing rate, especially when dealing with viscous liquids or immiscible liquids. A continuous stirred tank reactor can also be used as a loop reactor when the reactants are heated and pressurized. It is mainly used for biological processes.
The Designs of WKIE LAB Continuous Stirred Tank Glass Reactor
The main aim of using a continuous stirred tank glass reactor is to enhance mixing thereby improving the reaction. Due to this factor, it is designed in a way that it perfects its main purpose. The following are the design features.
1. Continuous feed stream.
This is the feeding port. A continuous glass stirred tank reactor feed stream is designed in a way that it features continuous feeding of the raw materials or reactants. The continuous feeding ensures a continued mixing process as well as continued processing.
Continuous mixing is sometimes a basic requirement in some processes hence the need for continuous feed stream. The feed stream also works in hand with the exhaust stream to ensure a steady flow, hence no overflowing.
2. Adjustable speed impellers.
A continuous glass stirred tank reactor is designed to feature an impeller with adjustable mixing speed. It can also consist of other mixing devices to ensure efficient mixing. To achieve the desired properties in different products, different agitating speed is required as well as a continuous agitating.
A continuous glass stirred tank reactor is designed in a way that makes the mixing of raw materials efficient, thereby increasing the rate of reaction. Mixing of the raw materials at different speeds also improves the reaction. Continuous glass stirred tank reactor can be used for different applications hence the need of having variable agitating speeds.
The functions of the impeller include mass transfer, heat transfer, aeration and finally homogenization through mixing. Generally, it is designed in a way to feature different mixing mechanism.
3. Continuous exit stream.
A continuous glass stirred tank reactor is designed to have an exiting stream that allows a continuous exiting while mixing. The finished products from the reactor are removed through this exhaust system. The continuous exhaust stream ensures that the whole process is continuous by ensuring that there is no overflowing. It also assumes the mixing conditions in the tank.
Why You Choose WKIE LAB Continuous Stirred Tank Glass Reactor?
1. Temperature control.
Optimum temperature is one of the key factors to consider for the optimum reaction. Temperature regulation is also another factor to consider to ensure that the reaction proceeds as desired. Some reactions are exothermic and can lead to an explosion while others are endothermic and require energy for the reaction to proceed.
A continuous glass stirred tank reactor consist of a controlled temperature system. Mixing helps in uniform distribution of temperature between the ingredients. This helps provide optimum temperatures for complete reaction.
2. Automatic reactor.
Modern continuous glass stirred tank reactor comes with automatic controls. Automatic mixing control enhance uniform and effective mixing to produce maximum yields. Automatic controls are also easy and allow quick mixing, producing optimum yields with the least cost of production.
3. High product yields
Optimum production yields are always associated with the type of raw materials used and the method of production used. Also to ensure high yields, effective mixing of the raw materials must be observed. A continuous glass stirred tank reactor involves automatic mixing controls, hence effective agitating is obtained.
The rate and extent of chemical reaction also determine the production of optimum yields. Automatic mixing enhances an effective mixing of the raw materials so as to obtain the optimum rate of reaction as well as the extent of the chemical reaction.
4. Low production cost.
Continuous glass stirred tank agitator makes use of a mixing process that is cost-effective and results in optimum yields. It also ensures that the whole system is mixed uniformly and effectively, thereby converting all the raw materials to a quality end product.
5. Multiple usages
A continuous glass stirred tank reactor allows the use of multiple or series reactors to produce the desired product. Multiple reactors are used to enhance sufficient agitating especially to viscous liquids and immiscible liquids as well as effective mass transfer.
6. Easy to clean
Continuous glass stirred tank reactor has a simple construction with good controls hence easy to use and clean.
The Price of WKIE LAB Continuous Stirred Tank Glass Reactor
First, please admit me to introduce who is WKIE LAB, and why you can trust us. WKIE LAB is a professional experiment equipment manufacturer and supplier. These years, we have built our own professor team and modernized factory. Besides that, many technologies created by WKIE LAB have been acknowledged by Chinese national patent office. So, you can always trust the quality of WKIE LAB equipment.
Speaking here, you may wonder the price of WKIE LAB continuous stirred tank glass reactor. Is it expensive? Don’t worry! As we have our own raw material supplier and factory. We can always provide our customers with the best continuous stirred tank glass reactor at the cheapest price. So, don’t hesitate, just contact us, you will get a satisfying price!
The Specifications of WKIE Lab Glass Reactor
|Reactor Material||High quality borosilicate 3.3 glass|
|Support Frame Material||Stainless steel 304 and coated aluminum|
|Neck No. On Lid||5||6|
|Rotating speed(rpm)||0 ~ 600 (customizable)|
|Power supply||220V or 110V / 50-60HZ|
|Discharge||PTFE (Teflon) bottom discharge valve with no deadspace|
|Pressure Range||Full vacuum to atmosphere|
|Max jacket pressure||0.5 bar|
The Applications of Best Price Continuous Stirred Tank Glass Reactor
Continuous glass stirred tank reactor has a versatile design that enhances its application in most fields including the biological and industrial sectors. The applications can be classified under the two main categories: Industrial application and Biological application.
1. Continuous mixing bioreactors are the most preferred mixing devices for bioreaction. A continuous glass stirred tank reactor was used to enhance the fermentation of ethanol making use of calcium genes. The calcium genes were fermented and frozen using polycrystalline propionic acid.
2. Continuous glass stirred tank reactor has proved high fermentation stability in the production of lactic for more than four months, using the carbonization of lobster and lactic.
3. The main key element in a continuous glass stirred tank reactor is the continuous agitator. The continuous agitator performs a number of tasks including homogenization and mass heat transfer. The continuous glass stirred tank reactor has proven the transfer of these defenses.
4. Research concerning the hydrodynamics of different types of mixing systems was carried out. The continuous glass stirred tank reactor proved to provide dependable bioremediation for the hydrocarbon-rich industrial effluent treatment.
5. A continuous glass stirred tank reactor is employed in research and production sectors for culturing animal cells with high densities.
6. Pharmaceutical industries also use continuous glass stirred tank reactor as a loop reactor.
1. A continuous glass stirred tank reactor is used in many fermentation industries for fermentation, hydrocarbon, and industrial effluent treatment. A biological catalyst is used to produce products. For instance, microbes are used to catalyze the break down of large to small molecules in the fermentation industry. The vapor produced is usually trapped at the top of the mixing device while the liquid phase is removed from the bottom of the device.
2. Another industrial application is in the chemical engineering sector. The continuous glass stirred tank reactor consists of effective mixing conditions as well as the chemical level control. These factors provide an ideal reaction environment that ensures a perfect chemical composition of the product. The exhaust stream is also assumed to have similar conditions and composition as the reacting environment.
3. A continuous glass stirred tank reactor is used as a system consisting of a series of five reactors to achieve an effective photocatalytic reaction. This type of reaction demands repeated liquid mixing to achieve an effective reaction rate, hence the desired product.
A continuous glass stirred tank reactor is a mixing device that has demonstrated and proven its versatility over a wide range of its applications. This mixing machine is characterized by a steady-state that allows a continuous flow of the raw materials at the feed stream, as well as that of the products at the exhaust stream. This prevents overflowing and jam in the mixing tank.
This automatic and continuous agitating machine allows the mixing of the liquid phase, gas-liquid phase, and solid-liquid phase. The fact that this mixing system allows multiple or series reactors for large plants adds to its versatility.
In the industrial application, the reactor is used to change the reagents into the desired chemical product. It is mainly used for the liquid phase and suspension reactions. In the biological application, the reactor is used to produce a homogenous broth that is fermented. Also, high induction is used so as to minimize the mass transport restrictions involved with fixed cells.